In March, we made the decision to cancel upcoming Sofar shows for the foreseeable future as a result of the impacts of COVID-19. The safety of our artists, audiences, hosts and employees is our highest priority and first responsibility. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will be in touch as it evolves.
We’ve contacted all guests, artists and hosts from affected shows with additional information. If you haven't heard from us regarding your canceled show, please get in touch here.
All of us at Sofar are here because we want to help local, independent artists connect with new audiences, and we know how important live performance is to artists. Though we’re putting shows on hold, we are working on other ways to support local musicians during this time.
What we’re doing to support Sofar’s artist Community
- Keep Listening, an online listening room supporting artists around the world through live shows and other programming broadcasted from their living room to yours. 100% of donations go directly to artists.
- Advancing one full show payment to artists who had Sofar shows canceled.
- Global Artist Fund, which will be focused on providing direct financial support to artists that rely on Sofar and other local gigs to make a living.
- Directory of local resources and information for artists worldwide affected by COVID-19, from healthcare to relief fund applications.
- In Session: a series of artist webinars in partnership with educators, industry experts and seasoned Sofar alumni to share their knowledge and experience firsthand with the artist community.